Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Creating HDR's with the LensBaby

As many of you might already know I love creating HDR (High Dynamic Range) images. During my trip to the Photo Expo in NYC I meet-up with Craig Strong of LensBabies. We got into a conversation about HDR's and the LensBaby. To my surprise there have not been too many HDR submissions to the LensBaby galleries. Turns out the Craig is finds the HDR process very interesting. Craig would like to see some of my HDR images added to the LensBaby galleries. In the very near future I will be receiving the new Composer lens to work some of my HDR magic.

The image here is a HDR image created from 1 image with a +/- 2 stop exposure created with Photomatix and Lightroom. Traditionally, true HDR images are made from multiple images at different exposures. Since I currently have the LB 2.0 (it's held in focus and tilt by hand) it is very difficult, if not impossible to capture multiple images with this lens. As soon as I receive the new lens I will be creating a complete gallery of HDR images to include cityscapes, subway series, and many different subject matters.

I am very excited about this new project. And, hope that you will be checking back to see the progress on this. As soon as I have a gallery with at least 10 or more LB-HDR's I will be adding a featured gallery to my site.

2 comments:

CMR photography said...

Dave,
just chiming in to let you know I really like this affect looks great.

Chad

CSI: Photo said...

Thanks Chad,
I'm hoping to get the newer version of the Lensbaby soon. I think that once it arrives I can really get some great images.