Sunday, November 23, 2008

Batteries not included

It reminds my of the movie from awhile back.

Well I got my camera all set-up and ready to go prior to the women's basketball game today. Normally, I will not set up the remote camera above the rim for the women. But, because of time constraints I needed to have it set up before for today's game.

I arrived in plenty of time to make sure everything was set and ready to go. Proper focus, camera angle, safety cables, and everything was good to go. I fired a few test shots. And downloaded them to the computer and double checked my exposures. All was good.

So I though....

I had a couple of minutes after the women's game. So, I lowered the net and swapped card. In doing this I noticed my pocket wizard was not flashing. The batteries died. I had my transmitting PW in my hand and quickly changed the batteries into the receiver. Turns out I only got off 3 (that's right three) shots. I loaded the card into the computer and noticed there were only 3 images on the card. With a BIG uh oh from me the only SID (he likes to bust my chops) in the room said laughing, "That doesn't sound too good right off the bat."

But, anyway, I didn't expect to get to many shots from the remote cam from the women's game. But, I am REALLY glad I check the camera between games.

Lesson learned. I am going to have to change these batteries a little more often, even if it mean wasting some batteries. (won't really waste them I'll save them for other stuff not so important)

Well I hope every one has a GREAT Turkey Day. I won't be shooting any more sports till after that.

No comments: